led diode

10:47 PM
led diode is a light emitting diode called an LED still its like a regular diode and in sense that this is its schematic symbol except that we are going to shoot the couple of light beams out here… here. It is giving off light.

led diode
led diode

Current only flows through one way. This is the cathode here and this is the anode side. When this side is more positive, when the anode side is more positive than the cathode side the current will flow through. So it allows current only flow in one direction like a valve. Here I have a circuit setup; I am going to add the light emitting diode.



We not going to see any light, but I have power to it so what's going on. On the LED, there is a flat side here that flat side is the cathode, which needs to be more negative, but my circuit up here is the positive and this is the negative, so current does not flow and I am going to pull it out.



I am going to turn it around to 80 degrees now the cathode will be on the negative and there we go it lights up. So now current is flowing through it, but since this is an LED it gives off light when current flows through it and that’s a led diode.